You heard it right, the Green Lantern is a GAY superhero!
Oh come on … really?
- Wears gaudy glowing green jewelry that can space jump him from planet to planet … dance floor to dance floor.
- Has fantastic hair that only looks BETTER after traveling twice the speed of light.
- SuperMAN, AquaMAN, SpiderMAN, BatMAN, Wonder WOMAN .. Green LANTERN … who names themselves after a 12th century lamp? Gay superheroes that’s who.
- Wear’s a mask as an accent piece instead of it actually serving a purpose.
- Insisted on Ryan Reynolds playing him in the movie.
Ok, I am being satirical and of course not every person who identifies as a gay superhero would say the list above could or should lead one to assume that any particular superhero is gay.
They are probably correct. I know for a fact that when I used to identify as a gay superhero, the color green was third on my list of favorite colors. I sure did love my cape though … I really miss that cape …
I refuse to freak out over this. It comes as no surprise that DC Comics would do something like this when their rival, Marvel Comics, is breaking world records with The Avengers. Some would say it is a propaganda ploy to influence children. I see it as more of a marketing ploy to raise their sales in the short-term and brand visibility.
OH and who wants to make a bet on Saturday Night Live doing a spoof on this?